Fieldwork can be both daunting and exciting, and sorting through the all the information can be overwhelming. Here are some references that I have found helpful.
- Fieldwork preparation overall
- A variety of fieldwork methodologies
- Storyboards for language documentation and analysis
- on quantification and scope; The Scope Fieldwork Project; from Benjamin Bruening (University of Delaware)
- on verbal behaviour from the Dept. of Language and Cognition; Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics
- on typological tools from the Dept. of Linguistics; Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology
- creating and eliciting your own materials with The Story Builder or Pixton